Sunday, November 16, 2008

Top 209 Beatles Songs, Part 3

Part 3 of the countdown:

159. Kansas City/Hey, Hey, Hey
158. Polythene Pam
157. Savoy Truffle
156. Boys
155. Run For Your Life
154. The Inner Light
153. Honey Pie
152. I Me Mine
151. It's All Too Much
150. I'll Follow The Sun
149. Think For Yourself
148. Every Little Thing
147. I'm Happy Just To Dance With You
146. Yer Blues
145. Why Don't We Do It In The Road?
144. Rock And Roll Music
143. I Need You
142. Don't Pass Me By
141. Glass Onion
140. Long Tall Sally

4 comments:

Jeff said...

This is certainly a bold list. I have a tough time picking my favorite Beatles songs, they're all so damn good. My favorite, would have to be "A Day in the Life". So far from taking a quick glance at your list, I would probably have these songs higher if I were to do a list: "Chains", "Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite", "Run For Your Life" and "Glass Onion".

I really love the idea of this countdown though!

Jwonderboy said...

This is a cool exercise. I wouldn't know where to begin. Did you start with your favorite and work from there? Did you listen to them all while you were doing this?

carlozzi006 said...

I actually started ranking them by album, throwing in the singles with the closest album, and then combining albums until I got to two lists. Best of '63-'66 and best of '67-'70. I then combined the two lists, tweaked it a little and there you go. I listened to every song multiple times during the rankings. I'm still not completely happy with the list though.

Bar L. said...

WOW! An ambitious and interesting project. I love it. I don't know if I could ever be happy with a list like this, it would be constantly changing.