Monday, September 22, 2008

Album Of The Week (9/22-9/28)

Starting this week, and every week from now on, I will be post a classic rock album. Sometimes the album will be chosen for a special reason, other times it will be chosen because I am in the mood for that certain artist or album.

This week's album is The Beatles Abbey Road which will be celebrating its 39th Anniversary on Friday. In honor of the anniversary I thought I'd pay tribute to the album and I encourage everyone to give it a listen.

Essential tracks: Come Together, Something, Here Comes the Sun, The Abbey Road Melody (You Never Give Me Your Money through The End)

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Pretty interesting that you mentioned this. I was in my attic yesterday and found an Abbey Road vinyl laying there. Unfortunately the album was far too beat up to actually play.

It's probably not my favorite Beatles album, but then again, it's nearly impossible for me to pick one as my favorite.

carlozzi006 said...

Not my favorite Beatles album either (probably the White Album, which celebrates it's 40th Anniversary in November)

Malcolm said...

This is my favorite Beatles album. Some have called it too slick sounding, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End is my favorite Beatles track.